Scope of This Notice
This Privacy Statement is intended to describe Tenefit’s privacy practices with respect to information collected on our websites located at http://www.tenefit.com and websocket.org (our “Sites”), and provide information about the choices you have regarding the ways in which information collected by Tenefit is used and disclosed.
Please note that our co-branded websites (websites where Tenefit has presented content together with one or more of our business partners) may be governed by additional or different privacy provisions.
Our Commitment to Privacy
At Tenefit, your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy, we have provided this Statement explaining our information practices and the choices you can make about the way your personal information is collected, used and disclosed.
The Information We Collect
This Privacy Statement applies to all information collected by or submitted to Tenefit on our Sites, including personal information. “Personal information” is data that reasonably can be used to identify or describe an individual.
Tenefit collects personal information when:
- you create a user account to become a member of Tenefit.com or other Tenefit websites;
- you make online purchases;
- you register products online;
- you request support for a Tenefit product;
- you register for webinars;
- you request information or materials (e.g., whitepapers);
- you participate in surveys and evaluations;
- you participate in promotions, contests or giveaways;
- you submit questions or comments to us.
The types of personal information collected may include (but are not limited to):
- your first and last name;
- your title and your company’s name;
- your home, billing, or other physical address (including street name, name of a city or town, state/province);
- your e-mail address;
- your telephone number;
- any other identifier that permits Tenefit to make physical or online contact with you;
- any information that Tenefit collects and maintains in association with your account, such as your username, your password, and your credit card account information.
Using Your Personal Information
Tenefit uses your Personal Information primarily to provide you with our products and services and to provide customized content on our Sites that are of interest to you. The information is also used to verify your authority to access our Sites and to contact you when reasonably necessary. Tenefit may also use any information you have provided as reasonably necessary to administer or provide customer support, and to provide you with periodic printed or e-mail communications about new products and services, discounts, special promotions or upcoming events. We also use this personal information to provide you with information related to your account and the products or services you purchased from us, to better understand your needs and interests, to improve our service, and to personalize communications.
For example, Tenefit uses the personal information you provide to:
- create and maintain your accounts;
- process, fulfill, and follow-up on your orders;
- register your products;
- answer your questions;
- register you in programs (per your request);
- send you information;
- send you surveys.
Sharing Your Personal Information
Tenefit may disclose your personal information to third parties under any of the following circumstances:
- As may be required to fulfill orders, to conduct billing/credit card processing, to provide service, and for e-mail housing (as a consequence of uses already described in this Privacy Statement).
- As required by law (such as responding to a valid subpoena, warrant, audit, or agency action, or to prevent fraud). For research activities, including the production of statistical reports (such aggregated information is used to describe our services to current and prospective partners and other third parties, and is not used to contact the subjects of the report).
- In the context of a business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition, consolidation, or divestiture.
- In addition, with your assent, our business partners may send you such information.Tenefit may also contract with various third parties who help us provide and maintain our Sites and our products and services. For example, we use a third-party to process payments made to us, and may subcontract out production, fulfillment, or other operations. In these cases, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to prevent such third parties from disclosing your Personal Information, except for the purpose of providing the services in question.
Your Choices About Receiving E-Mail
Tenefit takes effort to provide you with the ability to opt-in and opt-out of receiving communications from Tenefit and/or its partners.
Tenefit may send you e-mail about your account, about the products you have purchased, to remind you about a webcast for which you have registered or a service you have purchased, or in response to your questions. Tenefit may also send you e-mail with information and/or special offers about products and services that may be of interest to you, unless you indicate that you do not want to receive them.
You may let us know whether or not you would like to receive information, special offers, and promotional materials from Tenefit or our business partners when you create a Tenefit.com account, when you register for a service, when you provide us with your personal information, or when we send you e-mail. Please note that if you choose not to accept promotional e-mails, you may not receive special offers that may be of value to you.
Tenefit provides you with the opportunity to opt-out of any of our direct marketing communications. All promotional e-mail sent from Tenefit will contain a provision allowing you the option to decline receiving future promotional e-mail. To unsubscribe from receiving future e-mails, click on the ‘Manage Your Subscriptions’ link at the bottom of any Tenefit campaign e-mail.
For your protection, Tenefit may contact you in the event that we find an issue with a product or service you have purchased that requires your immediate attention.
Cookies and Other Browser Information
Our websites automatically captures IP addresses. We use IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer our websites, to use for demonstration purposes, and to help ensure the security of your interaction with the websites. Your IP address is used to help identify you and your shopping cart.
Public Forums Reminder
Our Sites often make chat rooms, forums, wikis, message boards, and/or news groups available to its users. Please remember that any information that is disclosed public areas of our Sites becomes public information, and will not be subject to this Privacy Statement. Exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information. Although we value individual ideas and encourage free expression, Tenefit reserves the right to take necessary action to preserve the forum’s integrity, such as removing any posting that is vulgar or inappropriate.
Our Commitment to Children’s Online Privacy
Users must be 13 years of age or older to create an account. Tenefit has no interest in collecting information from persons under 13 years of age.
About Links to Other Sites
These Sites contain links to other sites. Tenefit does not control the information collection of sites that can be reached through links from redhat.com. If you have questions about the data collection procedures of linked sites, please contact those companies directly.
How to Access, Modify or Update Your Information
Tenefit gives you the ability to access, modify or update your information. After logging in, you may edit your information including login/password, contact information, general preferences and other personalization settings.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions about any of these practices or Tenefit’s use of your personal information, please feel free to contact us by web, or by mail at:
6001 America Center Drive, Suite 250
San Jose, CA 95002
Tenefit will work with you to resolve any concerns you may have about this Statement.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
Tenefit reserves the right to change this Privacy Statement, and will post any revisions on our Sites. We encourage you to review this Privacy Statement regularly for any changes. Your continued use of the Sites will be subject to the then-current Privacy Statement.
This Privacy Statement was last amended on September 22, 2015.